A staffing coordinator is responsible for organizing and scheduling employees to ensure that our organization is fully staffed on each work shift. A staffing coordinator handles duties such as approving vacation time, time off, hiring employees, and working with other members of the Human Resources Department to determine which positions need to be filled so the organization’s staffing requirements are met.
Human Resources Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit candidates to fill vacancies in a timely manner and other tasks as needed
- Screen and hire candidates
- Participate in job fairs and career events
- Assist with onboarding duties including uniform, equipment, vehicle assignments
- Assist in preparation and execution of new hire orientation and interviews
- Assist in planning and scheduling new hire training and ride alongs
- Assist and develop work schedules by allocating employees in shifts and positions according to regional needs
- Create new hire data tracking reports for training department
- Receive and approve requests for time off, vacation, sick days and leave of absences
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
Martinez, CA Office
Work Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
Must be available after hours when needed
A staffing coordinator must be an excellent communicator, able to foster relationships with both employees and management teams.
- 1-2 years staffing or recruiting experience
- Computer literate
- Good writing and interpersonal skills
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Type of Employment
Full-time Hourly position
This job description is a summary of typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of this position might differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job to meet business or organization needs.
On-Site Health & Safety
On-Site Health & Safety has been in business since 1996 and started with the idea of giving companies the best 24-hour, mobile health and safety services available. They expanded the safety aspects of the company in 1998 and pioneered their 24-Hour First Aid Response program. Now On-Site Health & Safety has undoubtedly the best 24-Hour First Aid Response throughout California | Arizona | Nevada | Washington.
Supporting a wide spectrum of industries, On-Site Health & Safety provides essential first aid, safety, and work site resources for employers. We earnestly believe that to offer the best to our clients, we must reflect an exemplary corporate structure within our own organization, creating a business model that provides our employees vast opportunities to grow and develop their own unique skills and abilities, in a supportive and secure team environment.
Company Website: www.onsitehealthandsafety.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)